I feel like summer finally arrived in July as we were treated to lots of sunshine with temperatures peaking at just over 30 degrees. This meant going out in no coat, wearing shorts, flip flops and long evenings drinking chilled rose outside. Perfect. The autumn clothes are already in the shops though and I'm pretty sure we will start to hear the "C" word mentioned soon so the sun probably wont last, but anyway, enough of my ramblings like an old woman, here's what happened in July......
1. I was lucky enough to win a gorgeous rose gold necklace from Fei Liu Fine Jewellery. I met Fei Liu at #BloggersBall and his collection is stunning. Since winning the necklace I've worn it nearly every day since so it's definitely gone to a good home!
2. I got new hair! You can see the before/ after pics and read about my experience at SeanHanna* here.
3. Since the sun made an appearance this month it meant it was time for my legs to come out too. I couldn't get my pins out without fake tanning so I've been trying Vita Liberata's new Marula Dry Oil Fake Tan*. It's the worlds only fake tan with SPF 50, gives an instant colour and a gradual tan which is perfect for the natural sun kissed look.
4. Talking of trying new products I've also been trying Terre Verdi NeroliPom Moisturiser *which I'm loving. It has a gorgeous relaxing scent to it so I feel like I've just had a facial every time I use it.
5. I've done very well on my makeup buying ban - go me!
6. But drunk too much champagne. Must go on a champagne ban.
7. I wrote a post on how to wear lilac lipstick which has been one of my most popular posts to date. Since then I've had people message me to say they have now bought the lipstick as a result - I will never get bored of hearing that.
8. I had a surprise visit from a very large snake by my back door which put a stop to me enjoying lunch outside.... I haven't gone in my garden since! Damn snake!
9. Been using tons of DrPAWPAW balm* - this stuff has literally cured my chapped lips.
10. I went canoeing (yes really!), played archery, did burlesque dancing and dressed up in steam punk attire all in one day for my friends hen do. Brilliant day and night.
11. Received the most gorgeous Insta-worthy purple brushes* from Girls With Attitude which I can't wait to try out.
12. On one of the hottest days of the year I enjoyed dinner outside with my friends and we sat outside until 10:30pm - it felt like we were on holiday! More sunshine please.......!
13. Slathered myself in so much Hempz body moisturiser* as it just smells so damn good!
14. Enjoyed my first BBQ of the year.
15. Hung out with the some of the babes from Made in Chealsea, The Only Way is Essex and Love Island at the Spectrum event. Ok, so hung out is a major exaggeration. I was there, they were there and I got some pics with them. The new Spectrum AW collection brushes are so beautiful and pink! Very me! Head over to my Instagram to take a peek of them.
16. The best thing that happened to me this month (in fact probably this year) is winning Highly Commended for Social Media Hero at the Thirty Plus Awards. Like.... seriously..... me!? #shocked Thank you to everyone who voted for me, I'm totally made up!
17. Brunched at One Canada Square with my friend while listening to live music - They were very generous with the bottleless drinks! :-)
18. Brunch was followed by some drinks at Aqua Kyoto roof top watching the sunset. It has amazing views of London so I totally recommend it.
19. Ice cubes have been my savior this month with the heat we've experienced (I'm not complaining BTW), so I'm glad a bought a pack of reusable ice cubes from Primark - brilliant invention!
I hope you enjoyed having a nose at some of the things I got up to this month!
Keep up to date with my posts and follow me on Bloglovin.
See what I get up to behind the scenes Snapchat - username: DevotedToPink
Items marked with * were gifted to be for review purposes.