First things first….. My camera broke while I was on holiday a few weeks ago so I’ve had to send it back to Olympus to get fixed which can take up to 8 weeks!! So…. I’m only left with my iPhone X to take photos with!! Other than my phone, my camera is my next used item so I’m really feeling being without it! This is my first blog post using photos from my phone, rather than my camera, so I must apologise in advance that they aren’t up to my normal quality!
Right, now I have that caveat out the way now onto the main event…….
If you watched my Insta Stories on Thursday you will have seen that I visited Gatwick North Terminal to have a shopping spree in World Duty Free to celebrate Gatwick’s Summer Festival. Throughout the summer months Gatwick Airport is celebrating the British Summer with entertainment, “festival glow” makeovers at MAC, giving away £5,000 in vouchers to passengers and have launched exclusive products across fragrances, drinks, sunglasses and suncare. I was really interested to know more about this beacuse as someone who flies from Gatwick Airport 99% of the time I never knew they sold exclusive products – especially the drinks – that you could only buy there.
World Duty Free were particularly generous as they put us up for the night in the Bloc hotel which is located inside South Terminal at Gatwick right outside airport security – you literally can’t get a closer hotel to the airport than that. My room had views of the runway, so you could see the planes taking off and landing yet you couldn’t hear a thing. The bed was so comfy and I was greeted with surprise goodies from World Duty Free including beauty gifts, popcorn, champagne and chocolate.
If any of you have visited North Terminal at Gatwick recently you will have seen that its been renovated so now every single person that is flying away has to walk through the huge World Duty Free shop to get airside and go to their gate. When I say huge, I mean massive and it includes so many top brands that I just can’t list them all here but here are a few of the beauty brands you may be interested in – Dior, Chanel, By Terry, Giorgio Armani, Urban Decay, MAC, Guerlain and Givenchy.
So on Thursday I was armed with some WDF vouchers to spend and I was like a kid in a candy shop. An overwhelmed kid in a candy shop. I think I spent the first hour just looking lost and bewildered as there was so much choice I didn’t know where to start…… I eventually calmed down so I thought you’d like to see what I picked out:
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation – I’ve always wanted to try Double Wear but they don’t do a shade pale enough for me that is equivalent to MAC NC10. However as I own so many shades of foundation due to how much fake tan I have on at any one time, I thought I’d buy a darker shade that I can wear on the days I have quite a bit of fake tan on. I can’t wait to try it as I do love a full coverage foundation!
- Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette – I’m so late to the party with this one! When it came out I said I wouldn’t buy it as I have so many warm toned palettes already and I have so many palettes full stop. But then I saw it in person, swatched it and fell in love!
- Jo Malone Sweet Almond & Macaroon – It’s a Jo Malone candle. I am a Jo Malone addict as you all know. Do I need to say anymore?
- Dior J’Adore Eau De Parfum – I first used this perfume 10 years ago when it was given to me as a gift and absolutely fell in love with it. I’ve hardly purchased it since then as its so expensive – more expensive than Jo Malone! However with the discounts at World Duty Free it made it a lot more reasonable so I couldn’t wait to pick another bottle up.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Matte Liquid Lipstick in shade 301 – I’d not heard about this lipstick or seen it anywhere but the colour looked beautiful and I do love a liquid lipstick so I’m looking forward to trying it.
- Urban Decay Optical Illusion Complexion Primer – I’ve never found a holy grail primer and I’ve heard so many good things about this Urban Decay one that I wanted to give it a go.
All the other goodies you see in these pics were gifted to me by World Duty Free.
As you all probably know World Duty Free sells products much cheaper than the RRP you see on the high street so there are some big savings to be made. As I fly quite a few times a year I try if I can to save any beauty, makeup and sunglass purchases until I go away so I can take advantage of their savings. Jo Malone is definitely one of them as you won’t find Jo Malone cheaper anywhere else and they never do sales on their standard range. So I always pick up some Jo Malone when I go away to ensure I’m getting the best price possible.
If you’re keen to do a World Duty Free shop then visit their online store here and you can reserve and collect, meaning you can do the shopping from the comfort of your home and pick it up when you visit the airport, saving you time and money!
What I'm Wearingno products
What would you buy from World Duty Free?
This post uses affiliate links. They do not cost you anymore money – please read more about them in my disclaimer here.
This post contains PR samples. Please see my disclaimer here.
Keep up to date with my posts and follow me on Bloglovin
See what I get up to behind the scenes with Instagram Stories!